- Financial Transparency
- City Budget
The City budget is prepared by the Finance Officer and City Manager and is approved by the City Council. The goal of the City budget is to evaluate and direct City departments, helping them make successful decisions in resource allocation, program evaluations, financial management, and long-range planning.
The fiscal year of the City shall begin on October 1 and end on September 30. On or before June 30 of each year, the City Manager shall submit for Council review and approval a draft budget. Draft budget expenditures shall not exceed the total of estimated funds available from all sources. During budget workshops staff, with the council's direction, will develop a proposed budget. The proposed budget will be presented to Council at the first regular council meeting in August. The Council will act on the approval and adoption of the budget proposed in September.
City Council Workshops
The City Council workshops to review the draft budget for Fiscal Year 2023 will be conducted on:
- Monday, July 11th at The Municipal Court Building: 207 S. Elm St. at 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13th at The Municipal Court Building: 207 S. Elm St. at 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14th at The Municipal Court Building: 207 S. Elm St. at 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Planning Report
- Fiscal Year 2023 Decision Packets
- Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Appendices
A Public Hearing will be conducted to consider the Fiscal Year 2023 Budget for the City of Brady. The Public Hearing will be held during a City Council meeting on Tuesday, September 6, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. at 207 S. Elm Street.
The City of Brady will post the final approved budget after the second approval reading by the City Council in September.